Health care organizations from across the country are coming together to celebrate the positive impact that digital health is making for Canadians during Digital Health Week, November 13-19, 2017.
"Digital health is transforming health care delivery in Canada," said Michael Green, president and CEO, Canada Health Infoway. "There are countless stories about how digital health is making a difference for clinicians and Canadians. It better enables clinicians to access the information they need to make decisions more quickly and empowers patients to better manage their health through online portals and other digital tools and services. This is a week dedicated to celebrating these advancements."
Digital Health Week was created as a way to raise awareness about the important work going on to advance health technology and evolve health care in Canada.
With dozens of participating organizations involved, there are many activities, announcements and events planned. A few include:
Partnership Conference Webcast – The opening keynote presentations on November 14 and 15 will be webcast live from Calgary.
#HCLDR TweetChat – Join the conversation on Tuesday, November 14 at 8:30 p.m. ET using #HCLDR and #ThinkDigitalHealth.
Women Leaders in Digital Health Award – This award, sponsored by COACH: Canada's Health Informatics Association, will be announced during the week.
#OnesToFollow – A list of digital health leaders one "must follow" on Twitter will be released on November 14.
Digital Health Week Fête – Connect with people who are passionate about digital health on Monday, November 13 in Calgary.
Social Media – There will be plenty of social media activity happening using #ThinkDigitalHealth.
Visit www.betterhealthtogether.ca/digital-health-week for more information and to see what else is planned.
Digital Health Week Participating Organizations
Federal, provincial and territorial health ministries, along with the following health care organizations from across Canada are supporting Digital Health Week:
- Alberta Health Services
- Canada Health Infoway
- Canadian Association of Radiologists
- Canadian College of Health Leaders
- Canadian Foundation for Healthcare Improvement
- Canadian Home Care Association
- Canadian Medical Association
- Canadian Nurses Association
- Canadian Ophthalmological Society
- Canadian Patient Safety Institute
- Canadian Pharmacists Association
- Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists
- CIUSS West-Central Montreal
- COACH: Canada's Health Informatics Association
- Densitas Inc.
- Diabetes Canada
- Equinoxe Virtual Clinic
- Health Arrows
- Health Sciences North
- Healthcare Information Management & Communications Canada
- Heart and Stroke Foundation
- IMAGINE Citizens Collaborating for Health
- Institute for Safe Medication Practices Canada (ISMP Canada)
- International Medical Informatics Association (IMIA)
- ITAC Health
- Mackenzie Health
- Mackenzie Innovation Institute (MI2)
- Made by Uppercut
- mdBriefCase Group Inc.
- Mental Health Commission of Canada
- Molecular You
- Neighbourhood Pharmacy Association of Canada
- Ontario Telemedicine Network
- Patient Critical Co-op
- QHR Technologies
- Registered Nurses Association of Ontario
- Rick Hansen Foundation
- St. Joseph's Health Centre
- Strata Health
- The Arthritis Society
- The eHealth Centre of Excellence
- The Scarborough Hospital
- Waterloo Wellington Local Health IntegrationNetwork
- Women's College Hospital
Friends of Digital Health Week 2017
Infoway Partnership Conference sponsors are recognized as Friends of Digital Health Week:
- Brightsquid Secure Communications Corp.
- Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI)
- HAnalytics Solutions Inc.
- Harris Healthcare
- HITS eHealth Office at Hamilton Health Sciences
- IBM Canada
- IMO-Intelligent Medical Objects
- Iron Mountain Canada
- McKesson Canada
- Mikata Health
- Novari Health
- Cerner Canada
- Forcare Canada Inc.
- Passport Health
- Red Hat Canada
- SNOMED International
- TELUS Health
- Think Research
- Think Tank Innovations Ltd. (ShareSmart)
- Wolters Kluwer