OntarioMD is leading a Proof of Concept initiative with OSCAR EMR and TELUS Health Solutions Inc. to demonstrate improved clinical value to Ontario clinicians through an EMR Quality Dashboard framework. Approximately 430 clinicians across all 14 LHINs using one of the participating vendors’ EMRs (OSCAR, PS Suite, MedAccess) are currently taking part in the initiative, and that number will expand to 500 clinicians by March 2019. The EMR Quality Dashboard framework:
- provides access to an introductory set of high-value provincial primary health care indicators centred on preventive care and chronic disease management;
- associates indicators with data quality improvement; and
- is provincially scalable and expandable for new and evolving provincial indicators.
Read our Phase 1 Benefits Evaluation and Final Report.
Phase 2 of the EMR Quality Dashboard Proof of Concept is now running to March 2019. During Phase 2, we will:
- further identify and refine dashboard indicators; and
- define a business plan that supports broader provincial Dashboard planning.
Clinicians participating in Phase 2 are being supported by OntarioMD’s EMR Practice Enhancement Program (EPEP) team. EPEP advisors have a unique blend of EMR technology expertise and knowledge of physician practice needs and priorities. They use a proven change management process to help clinicians optimize EMRs and digital health tools for practice efficiency.
For more information on OntarioMD's EMR Quality Dashboard initiative, read our Proof of Concept Summary and Frequently Asked Questions, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.