EMR Validation - Stage 1
To initiate the EMR validation process for EMR certification, EMR vendors must submit a completed Application for Certification1.
The Application for Certification includes the following:
- A cover letter
- A completed Application for EMR Certification Form
- A completed Mandatory Document Checklist
- A completed EMR Requirements Attestation Form
- A completed EMR Hosting Specification Substantiation Requirements or
- A completed EMR Hosting Specification Substantiation Requirements for Infoway Certified EMR Offerings . Please see the Infoway-OntarioMD mapping file for more information on how the respective organizations' privacy and security requirements align.
EMR Hosting Specification Reference Sheet.
- Application Submission Fee of $2,500+HST2
The document titled Application Submission Requirements provides submission details for the Application related to documentation and fees.
Stage 1 will be evaluated based on a completed application for EMR Certification and the submission of the accompanying mandatory documents as per Checklist.
Following the submission of a complete application, the vendor will progress to Stage 2.
Any questions related to the EMR validation process should be directed via email to the EMR Validation Administrator:
Subject line: Vendor Name | EMR Offering Name | Specific Subject
1. An EMR vendor may apply for certification once per 12 months per EMR offering
2. Upon successful completion of Stage 2, the application fee will be non-refundable.