EMR Progress Assessment
What is the EMR Progress Assessment?
The EMR Progress Assessment (EPA) is a tool for physicians who wish to assess their current EMR use and make improvements. It asks critical questions spanning three key functional areas of EMR use:
- Practice Management
- Information Management
- Diagnosis and Treatment Support
The EPA is a streamlined and effective online assessment featuring 10 key measures mapped against the three functional areas. It tracks and measures progress in EMR use against the EMR Maturity Model developed by OntarioMD.
The EPA is a fundamental component of OntarioMD's EMR Practice Enhancement Program (EPEP), a service designed to help physicians enhance their EMR skills. Completing the EPA can help uncover hidden gaps for improvement in practice workflow, efficiency and patient care.
What can an EPA do for you?
The questions in the EPA were designed to help physicians assess their most desired areas of improvement with their EMRs, and put them in the driver's seat to get there. Understanding and measuring current EMR use through the EPA can help physicians realize tangible improvements unique to each practice setting by, for example, prioritizing improvements in the practice, providing focus for conversations with EMR vendors, and guiding discussions about practice efficiency with colleagues and practice staff.
Hundreds of physicians have participated in EPEP, improving their EMR use and gaining benefits like:
- More efficient EMR use and workflow
- Optimizing existing EMR functions and accessing additional ones
- Timely access to information at the point of care
- Improved clinical decision support
- Identification of data quality and standardization issues
Who should use the EPA?
The EPA should be used by physicians who:
- Wish to enhance and optimize their EMR use
- Must complete an the EPA for their Performance Grant after Go-Live
How to get started:
If you have an account on OntarioMD.ca:
Sign in at the top of the screen and enter your email address and password.
- Launch the EPA by clicking the blue and white dotted icon at the top right of your screen.
- Answer the questions about your EMR use.
- Generate printable charts to see your results and progress.
If you do not have an account on OntarioMD.ca, click
Register at the top of the screen. You will need to verify your OMA account and then register your email address and a password. If you can't remember your OntarioMD.ca password, please contact our support team at 416-623-1248 or toll-free at 1-866-744-8668, or email
Support is available during regular business hours from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday..