Identifying and contacting patients who are eligible for the vaccination
Please refer to the
COVID-19 Immunization Toolkit which is available for primary care clinics to help plan for a COVID-19 Immunization Clinic. The Centre for Effective Practice has also developed a useful toolkit to help primary care practices identify patients who are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine.
Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine-Relevant Information and Planning Resources.
Things to consider when planning to contact patients:
- Track patients who have been called
- Track patients who have declined/refused
- Record consent given and how to flag patients who have not given consent
- Resources for patients to educate themselves on what to expect at the vaccination event
COVaxON Mass Upload Assistance
Things to have ready before attempting to perform a Mass Upload to COVaxON:
- Understand your clinic's policies and procedures around working with and extracting PHI from the EMR.
OntarioMD Tips for Data Protection
- Know your Vaccination Event number (VE#)
- Identify if you have multiple VE#s. It is important patients are associated to the correct VE#
- Super Users access to Salesforce and login credentials
- Access to and familiarity with running and editing queries
- Familiarity with CSV files and spreadsheets
Additional support is available from OntarioMD at COVaxON.Support@ontariomd.com
Tools (Queries/Searches) and Recommendations for EMR Data Extraction
List of Report by Templates
- At Risk v2.2 – List of Vulnerable Patients to Reach Out (modified to include more contact details)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Call List
- Eligible Patients Count
- Patients List on Specific Date, Searching by Schedule with Contact Details
- Patients List with Appointment on Specific Date, Search by OHIP or All Providers
Additional Resources on How to Work with Report by Templates
OSCAR Canada Users Society:
QHR Accuro® Tools
List of OntarioMD Query Builder (Alerts) Published in Accuro® Definition Publisher
Note: These Queries (Alerts) are updated on a regular basis. Please use the most recently dated version.
- OMD COVID (55-69) all pts w contact & address info
- OMD COVID (55-69) all pts w mandatory fields, phone and email ONLY
- OMD COVID (55-69) excl pts w polysorbate allergy
- OMD COVID (55-69) ONLY pts w polysorbate allergy
Additional Resources on How to Work with Query Builder (Alerts)
TELUS PS Tools
List of OntarioMD Searches available for download:
- COVID-19 – Age Range Formatted for Covax Upload – OMD.srx
- COVID-19 – Age Range List of Patients – OMD.srx
- COVID-19 – Age Range by Birth Date Formatted for Covax – OMD.srx
- COVID-19 – Age Range List of Patients without a COVID-19 Vaccine– OMD.srx
- COVID-19 Immunized Patients– OMD.srx
- COVID-19 Immunized Patients with AstraZeneca– OMD.srx
Additional Resources on How to Work with Searches, Reminders and Custom Forms:
ABELMed EMR Tools
Tips for Adjusting Data from Your CSV Export
Sample of Data Extract in Excel (contains dummy data)
Gender. Tip to change Gender if you only have F and M in the Excel spreadsheet follow these instructions:
- Select (highlight) ONLY the column that contains the Gender. Make sure you select the full column.
- Open the Find and Replace function (location depends on application i.e. Excel version, OpenOffice)
- If using "Replace All", be sure no other data outside of the Gender column have been highlighted or selected.
- The DOB
MUST be in
YYYY-MM-DD format. To change DOB in the Excel spreadsheet, follow these instructions:
- Select cells within the "Person Birthdate" column that you would like to change.
- Right click and open the "Format Cells" function
- From the left-hand side, select the "Date" category.
- From the Type list, choose the format "YYYY-MM-DD". Select OK.
Note: If you cannot find the "YYYY-MM-DD" format, you can use the "Custom" category to create your "YYYY-MM-DD" format.
HCN MUST NOT have
Version Codes attached. If Health Card numbers have the VC in the same cell, (see example above) follow these instructions to remove:
- Insert a new column to the right of the column that contains the Health Card Number
- Enter the following formula in the first cell of the new column. (change A1 to the correct cell # in your spreadsheet that contains the first HCN)
- Copy and paste that formula into the subsequent cells.
For queries developed by the eHealth Centre of Excellence to pull lists of patients with certain health conditions that fall under the Highest Risk, High Risk, and At Risk categories, click here
.COVaxON Training for Primary Care Practices
OntarioMD is offering training for primary care practices that
have been identified by their local public health unit to administer COVID-19 vaccinations. Training sessions demonstrate how to access and use the provincial COVaxON Vaccination Management System.
Upcoming training sessions and recordings of past training sessions can be found