Overall Theme: From Potential to Practice (Enhancing EMR capabilities)
Objective: Educate attendees on how to improve their EMR use to enhance patient care and practice efficiency
Stream 1: Advancing EMR use with an OntarioMD-certified EMR
(Tips & Tricks, Quality of Care, Specialist Perspective, Preventive Care, Chronic Disease Management, Cancer Screenings, Improving Functionality)
Stream 2: Managing patient data in your OntarioMD-certified EMR
(Data Quality, How to use EMR Data, EMR/Data Migration, Retrieving Data, Uses of Data, Reporting, Research/Queries, Patient Cohorts/Population Health Management)
Stream 3: Integrating existing and future innovations with your OntarioMD-certified EMR
(HRM, eNotifications, OLIS, HCV, eConsult, Mobile Apps, Dictation Software, Billing Tools, Scanning, Faxing, Medical Device Interfaces - VCG Machines, Blood Pressure Cuffs)
Stream 4: From principles to practice: Implementing Leading Practices
(Privacy, Security, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Records Management, Records Retention, Complex Care, Change Management, Governance, CPSO Assessments)
- Concurrent Session - 20 minutes plus 10 minutes for questions (Max: 500 words. Limited to 2 presenters)
- Panel Session - 45 minutes plus 15 minutes for questions (Max: 500 words. Limited to 3 presenters)
- Submission Opens - April 29, 2016
- Submission Closes - May 27, 2016
- Applicants Notified - June 6, 2016
- Only abstracts that are based on the use of OntarioMD-certified EMRs are eligible for consideration.
- To maintain neutrality during the judging process, please do not mention the EMR vendor or product name in your abstract.
- Certified EMR vendors may not submit abstracts.