OntarioMD (OMD) has worked with more than 20,000 clinicians and their staff to help them realize the benefits of electronic medical records (EMRs) certified by OMD and the digital tools that are integrated with these EMRs to enhance patient care. To recognize the physicians, nurse practitioners (NPs) and practice staff who have demonstrated leadership in the use of certified EMRs and digital/virtual health tools to benefit patients and ease their administrative burden, OMD launched the first Luminary Awards in late 2020.
This is the second year of the OMD Luminary Awards. This year's winners are proficient users of certified EMRs and other digital and virtual care tools. They are digital health champions who have made digital health indispensable tools in their practices to improve patient outcomes and practice efficiency.
For the 2021 Luminary Awards, we opened nominations to clinicians, NPs, and clinic staff to highlight the work of their colleagues or their own work in digital health. We know clinicians are extremely busy, so we made it easy to apply. The main criterion is the use of a certified EMR.
OMD is pleased to announce the 2021 Luminary Award winners:
- Dr. Elise Azzi, Family Physician, Findlay FHO, Ottawa
- Dr. Justin Di Donato, Family Physician, North West Toronto FHG, Woodbridge
- Dr. Farnaz Ghorbani, Family Physician, York Medical FHG, Richmond Hill
- Samantha Gupta, Quality Improvement Decision Support Specialist, Central Brampton FHT, Brampton
- Dr. Ilana Halperin, Clinic Director, Diabetes in Pregnancy Clinic, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto
- Dr. Dina Kulik, Founder and Director, Kidcrew Paediatrics, Toronto
- Dr. James Lane, IT Physician Lead, Georgian Bay FHO, Stayner
- Dr. Marco Lo, Digital Co-Lead, East Toronto Family Practice Network, Toronto
- Dr. Meera Shah, Digital Co-Lead, East Toronto Family Practice Network, Toronto
- Dr. Karim Vellani, Founder and Medical Director, MediCall, Toronto
Read more about our winners.
The 2021 winners, along with the winners from 2020, will be honoured at our online OMD Educates: Digital Health and Virtual Care Conference on September 30, 2021. At this complimentary conference for clinicians and their staff, you can learn how to take advantage of innovative technologies, integrate them with your EMR workflows, and realize more of their benefits for your patients and your practice.
Nominations for the 2022 Luminary Awards will open in spring 2022. Sign up for our newsletter or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org so you can be the first to know the when and how to submit a nomination.
Need help with your EMR or other digital/virtual care tools?
If you would like some help with your EMR, a digital health tool or a virtual care tool, OMD staff are available to help you! If you're interested in Health Report Manager (HRM®), Insights4Care (i4C) Dashboard, OLIS, EMR-integrated DHDR (Digital Health Drug Repository), eConsult, online Privacy & Security Training, or help from the i4C Advisory Service, our staff can get your practice connected. Just contact email@example.com and help will soon be on the way!