OntarioMD is pleased to announce that we are partnering with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Vendors with OntarioMD-Certified EMRs to integrate certified EMR offerings directly with the Digital Health Drug Repository (DHDR) and the Digital Health Immunization Repository (DHIR). Additional partners include the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, eHealth Ontario and Ontario clinicians.
We are currently conducting a Limited Production Release (LPR) initiative with the goal of providing clinicians with real-time access to dispensed drug and pharmacy service information and comprehensive immunization information, as well as the ability to submit immunization information according to the provincial immunization schedule for public health purposes. The LPR includes four initial EMR vendors selected through a Request for Services who will integrate their certified EMRs with DHDR and DHIR. They are:
- OSCAR EMR
- QHR Technologies
The DHDR provides authorized clinicians with secure access to dispensed drug information that includes publicly-funded drugs and pharmacy services, along with all dispensed narcotics and controlled substances, regardless of payor.
The DHIR provides clinicians and patients with comprehensive immunization information that is accessible in real-time to support clinical practices and to engage the public as active partners in managing their health. Clinicians will also be able to submit immunization information to DHIR according to the provincial immunization schedule for public health purposes.
The work being done to integrate the DHDR and DHIR will enable clinicians to use their EMR to:
- View all dispensed, monitored drugs (narcotics and controlled substances), including opioids;
- View publicly-funded drugs dispensed in Ontario, including those paid for by the Ontario Drug Benefit (ODB) program;
- View publicly-funded pharmacy services, such as the MedsCheck Program medication reviews and pharmacist-administered influenza vaccines;
- Submit data related to patients' immunizations they have administered;
- Retrieve data related to patients' immunizations administered from other institutions such as schools, public health units and hospitals; and
- Forecast upcoming required immunizations according to the provincial immunization schedule.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.